As much as we love recruiting, there is also a downside to it: we have to reject candidates. This is something that unfortunately comes with the job, and it’s unavoidable as there is always more than one person with great skills applying for the same position.
So how can you become the one on the receiving end of good rather than bad news? We’ve pooled our experience and expertise and came up with some valuable tips for you as an applicant. But, before we go into detail, we do have one invaluable piece of advice to begin with: don’t take the rejections personally! If you are still interested in working with us, then try again. Maybe another open position is better suited to your skills, or perhaps the same position will become available again. We will be more than happy to consider your application again.
But let’s start at the very beginning and have a look at what is essential for your application. Here are 7 tips to successfully apply for an open position at Greentube:
- Read the job ad carefully and send us a complete application (including CV and motivational letter) and any other documents that might be required or helpful for the specific position. When addressing the application, please use Greentube or the name of the subsidiary as the company name and not the name of any other company you also applied to.
- Before you apply, please make sure that the job ad does sound interesting to you and that you could see yourself in the specific position over a longer period of time. There is always the possibility that you realise that the position is not what you were hoping for upon receiving further information during the interview. However, we strongly recommend that you take the time to think in detail about the decision to apply perhaps discuss it with friends and family. You should always select the companies and jobs you are applying for wisely, as the majority of our daily lives are spent at work.
- When it comes to your CV and mentioning companies that you’ve worked for in the past, please make sure to summarize at least your most important tasks and responsibilities for every job in bullet points. Doing this helps us get a better understanding of your skillset and experience. Please also be honest when further elaborating on these points, also when talking about the duration of your jobs. It is normal that breaks can occur between jobs for a number of reasons. If this has happened to you, then please be honest and tell us why.
- Use your motivational letter to show what makes you special and why you would be the ideal fit for a certain position. But don’t just only list adjectives and attributes, also give us examples and give us the chance to get to know you better. Express why it is totally clear for you that you will rock the job you applied for and why it would be a mistake not to hire you.
- Take a look at our locations – https://www.greentube.com/locations/ and apply for the job in the country you can imagine relocating to. It regularly happens that we are unable to continue the application process with certain candidates because they are not willing to relocate to the city where a position is vacant.
- When being invited for an interview, please do some research about our company. If nothing else, you should at least read up on the general information on the website. We won’t test you on any specific areas, but it will definitely be an advantage if you know a few facts about the company and the industry we are operating in. But not only a company’s product and services are of importance, also its culture. Further information about this topic can be found in our first article, where we introduced Greentube and its culture, or on our social media channels, which give you some behind-the-scenes impressions as well.
- Prepare yourself well for the interviews with us. This also includes thinking about potential questions you would like to ask us in advance. If possible, try to predict what questions we may ask you and prepare potential answers and what you want to communicate to us. We always try to be as transparent and open as possible in the interviews. On the topic of openness, what we can tell you now in advance, is that we really want to give applicants realistic insights into the working life at Greentube, our benefits, the culture and the ups and downs of every job. What we would like to avoid is to have new employees starting their jobs with unrealistic expectations.
We hope these tips have been able to give you some valuable insights into applying more effectively for a position within the Greentube group. If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line on our Facebook and Instagram accounts!
In the next article, we will cover 7 tips on how to successfully pass an interview at our company. Stay tuned and don’t forget to send your applications!
You might also like
The importance of internal communication and why we’re all ears at Greentube
Efficient and regular internal communication is of utmost importance to companies in today’s fast-paced world. This especially true for Greentube. Our international operations in many countries around the globe mean that a lot of things can happen simultaneously, requiring the need for changes and reactions to be instantaneous and clearly communicated.
Training & Development at Greentube
For Greentube, further development has always been a key factor to success and therefore, development incentives existed even before a dedicated team had been established. As in most companies, the training & development team has grown with success.What started as nothing more than a booking process and mainly administrative tasks back in 2016 is now an essential part of the company, which continues to grow and flourish with each innovative idea and exciting new project. This is something we are extremely proud of. Here are some of the projects and benefits we offer Greentube employees at the moment.
7 ways to successfully attract the right candidates for Greentube
We would like to finish our ‘7 ways-to… ‘ series by focusing more on the recruiting/ company side of the process, because it is not only the candidates that have to excel to get the position. Hiring managers also have to work hard to attract the right candidates. Therefore, we came up with 7 (fun) facts about how we at Greentube try to satisfy the needs of our applicants and paint a lively, but also realistic picture of our company culture.
7 ways to successfully pass an interview @ Greentube
The last article covered 7 tips on how to successfully apply for an open position at Greentube. In this article, we would like to take it one step further and talk in more detail about having an interview at Greentube. The information we’re about to provide should give you the tools and knowledge you need to effectively and efficiently prepare for our interviews and, of course, hopefully, get hired in the process!