Written by Irina Kashina, Talent Sourcing Specialist at Greentube
As I sit here in my home office typing away this article, I can’t help but be happy about having the possibility to enjoy a hybrid work mode. I mean, who doesn’t like the idea of waking up in the morning and commuting to the coffee pot instead of the office a couple of times per week? The hybrid setting was a revolution that gave us the best of both worlds, but with great power comes great responsibility. Let’s dive into the topic of hybrid teams and work modes and discuss how we can make our teams (or ourselves) happy and content with these settings, shall we?
So what are hybrid teams?
Hybrid teams are those that include both remote and in-office employees. In a hybrid work model, employees may spend some of their time working in a physical office, and some of their time working remotely. This can vary depending on the specific company, team, or role. Some companies may have a set schedule, such as one or two days in the office and the rest of the time working remotely, while others may offer more flexibility for employees to determine their own schedules (and that is exactly what we do here at Greentube). In this article, we’ll explore some tips for keeping your hybrid teams happy.
What can I, as a manager, do to keep my teams happy?
Here is what we think is important:
- Set clear expectations: The first step to keeping your hybrid teams happy is to set clear expectations. Make sure everyone understands what is expected of them and what their role is within the team. Be clear about deadlines, responsibilities, and communicate expectations. This will help to avoid misunderstandings and ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Foster a positive team culture: Another key to keeping your hybrid teams happy is to foster a positive team culture. Make sure everyone feels included and valued, regardless of whether they are in the office or working remotely. Encourage team bonding activities, both in-person and online. Celebrate team successes and milestones, and make sure everyone feels like they are part of the team.
- Communicate effectively: Effective communication is critical to the success of any team, but it is especially important for hybrid teams. Make sure you have clear channels of communication in place and that everyone knows how to use them, and maybe establish rules like having calls in a quiet setting, etc. Encourage team members to ask questions and provide feedback and be responsive when they do.
- Provide the right tools: Providing the right tools is another key to keeping your hybrid teams happy. Make sure everyone has access to the technology and software they need to do their job effectively, whether they are in the office or working remotely. This includes things like video conferencing software, project management tools, and collaboration platforms.
- Be flexible: Finally, it’s important to be flexible when it comes to hybrid teams. Recognize that everyone’s situation is different and that some team members may need more flexibility than others. Be open to accommodating different work schedules and make sure everyone feels like their needs are being taken into account.
Keeping your hybrid teams happy requires a combination of clear expectations, a positive team culture, effective communication, the right tools, and flexibility. By implementing these tips, you can help ensure your hybrid team is productive, engaged, and satisfied.
It’s important to be flexible when it comes to hybrid teams. Recognize that everyone’s situation is different and that some team members may need more flexibility than others.
But what can I, as an employee, do to be content in my hybrid setting?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are some tips for how employees can be happy and productive in a hybrid working mode:
- Set boundaries: One of the biggest challenges of hybrid work is separating work and personal life, so it’s important to set clear boundaries. Create a dedicated workspace at home and set regular working hours. When the work day is over, disconnect and avoid checking work-related messages or emails.
- Manage time effectively: With the added flexibility of hybrid work, it can be easy to lose track of time. Prioritize tasks and set clear goals for each day. Use time management techniques like the Pomodoro method to stay focused and motivated.
- Stay connected with colleagues: Working remotely can be isolating, so make an effort to stay connected with colleagues. Participate in virtual team meetings, social events, and other team-building activities.
- Take breaks: Taking breaks is important to avoid burnout and maintain productivity. Take short breaks throughout the day and use the time to relax, stretch or go for a walk.
By following these simple tips, employees can enjoy the benefits of hybrid work and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
It wouldn’t be an article about hybrid working without a remote working selfie …
All in all, whatever your position in the company is, it is crucial to find ways to work in a hybrid setting and be happy with it. So, whether you are at home in your pyjamas or at the office enjoying some social interactions, embrace the hybrid work model and make the most of it. Hopefully our tips can help!
Find out more about Greentube HERE and find out if about potential career opportunities with us HERE.